Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Information


Students living in states that border Arkansas

Any graduate student of permanent residence in a state contiguous to Arkansas will receive an out-of-state tuition waiver, and will be assessed the same tuition cost as an Arkansas resident.

Students living in a state that does not border Arkansas, or living in a foreign country

For graduate students not permanently residing in a contiguous state, an out-of-state tuition waiver is available under the following conditions: 

  1. Eligible Programs
    Programs eligible for a waiver from out-of-state (Non-Resident) tuition fee include:
    1. Master of Science in Engineering: This degree provides advanced study in a focused area of engineering (mechanical or electrical) to enhance career advancement.
    2. Master of Science in Information Technology: This degree offers a study of the hardware and software mechanisms used to implement modern information systems.
    3. Master of Science in Emergency Management and Homeland Security: This degree offers a specialized program both for existing career professionals in the discipline and for those seeking the diverse employment opportunities available in this evolving career field.
  2. Student Eligibility
    Students must be a new, incoming student to one of the eligible graduate programs for spring, 2017
    1. Students must be admitted unconditionally to the Graduate College and an eligible program
    2. International students must meet admission requirements set by IMSSO
    3. Students newly admitted must have a 3.0 GPA and meet a minimum score of a 150 on the Quantitative section of the GRE
    4. Statement of a research interest and/or topic must be provided (no more than 250 words)* *Students will need to submit their statement with their admission materials. International students—will submit admission materials to the IMSSO Office Domestic students—will submit admission materials to the Graduate College

For More Information: Contact IMSSO office for international admission or the Graduate College for domestic admission questions.