Master of Business Administration
|The focus of the MBA program at Arkansas Tech University is to prepare you for a business career with the information analysis and executive decision making skills needed in today’s fast-paced business world. If you are interested in enhancing your business or non-business career or are looking at a position of responsibility with your current employer, you may be interested in applying to this program.||Apply to Program|
The difference you find in the Tech MBA program compared to many others is its focus on the analysis and decision making skills that you will learn. Each course is designed to help you improve your ability to analyze information, not just “crunch numbers”. Employers today are interested in people who can look at data and help the company make the best decisions possible in a competitive business environment.
Students will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the course areas listed below whether they are admitted unconditionally or conditionally to the MBA degree program. Proficiency can be demonstrated by:
- Courses from an accredited university corresponding with those listed below; or
- Certification of proficiency from an approved source for each of the areas listed below; or
- A combination of 1 and 2 above.
Required Prerequisite Courses
- Principles of Accounting I & II,
- Principles of Economics I & II,
- Business Finance, and
- Business Statistics.
Unconditional Admission Requirements:
Students are eligible to apply for unconditional admission to the MBA degree program if they meet the following:
- Admission Requirements for the Graduate College
- Students will also be required to meet one of the following standards:
- A 3.50 GPA from an AACSB or ACBSP accredited business undergraduate program; or
- A score of 1,000 using the formula [GMAT + 200*GPA = 1,000] with a minimum GPA of 2.50 and a minimum GMAT of 450. A GMAT test score must be taken within the last five (5) years; or
- A score of 1,000 using the formula [GRE (combined verbal & quantitative scores) + 255*GPA] with a minimum GPA of 2.50 and a minimum combined GRE score equivalent to GMAT of 450. Please check the link at ETS website for the conversion: ETS Conversion Chart. A GRE test score must be taken within the last five (5) years.
Applicants not meeting the grade point requirement specified for unconditional admission may be admitted conditionally to enroll for a maximum of six (6) credits per semester. If a student was admitted conditionally based on grade point average, the condition will be met if upon completion of twelve (12) semester hours a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or better is achieved, and all the requirements for unconditional admission have been met, including GRE or GMAT exam scores that are stated above. A GRE or GMAT test score must be submitted prior to or upon completion of six (6) credit semester hours.
Students may be admitted conditionally if they have met the following requirements:
- Admission Requirements for the Graduate College;
- Students with a GPA below 2.50 from an accredited undergraduate program using all earned hours may earn conditional admission status if they score at least 1,000 on either of the above described formulas; or
- Approval from the College of Business Admissions Committee.
The thirty (30) hours of courses for students in this program include the following:
- ACCT 6103: Accounting Analysis
- BUAD 6103: Research Methods
- BUAD 6203: Business Information Analysis
- BUAD 6903: Industry Analysis
- ECON 6103: Managerial Economics
- FIN 6103: Corporate Financial Management
- MGMT 6103: Organizational Management & Leadership
- MGMT 6203: Decision Modeling
- MGMT 6903: Corporate Strategic Management
- MKT 6103: Strategic Marketing Management
Accredited by AACSB
The Arkansas Tech University College of Business is accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB International is the premier accrediting agency for business schools, stressing academic excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement. It also represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Fewer than 20% of the business schools in the world achieve AACSB accreditation.
|College of Business||Graduate College||Graduate Catalog|
Dr. Peng Huang
Rothwell Hall 416