What Is The Mechanical Engineering Degree?
The Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering is housed within the College of Engineering & Applied Sciences. The curriculum creates a solid grounding in the machine design and thermal systems areas to prepare students for practicing engineer positions.
Students May Choose A Concentration Within The Program From One Of The Following:
- Machine Design
- Nuclear Systems
- Thermal Systems
Some in this program may opt to earn their Associate of Science in Nuclear Technology
while pursuing their bachelors degree.
What Will I Learn In This Program?
- Practical application of engineering, science, and mathematics knowledge
- Designing and conducting experiments, as well as interpreting resulting data
- Identifying and trouble-shooting engineering problems through analysis, experimental methods, and design techniques
- Formulating problems and thinking creatively
- Working collaboratively while synthesizing information
What Courses Will I Take?
The Academic Advising Center has created maps that are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the current Undergraduate Catalog. On each Degree Map, the milestones listed to the right of each term are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
What Resources Are Available To Me?
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- American Society for Mechanical Engineers
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Society of Women Engineers
Additional Resources Specifically For Tech Students:
Where Might I Find A Job After Graduation From This Program?
The majority of Tech students find positions within the Mechanical Engineering field
as practicing engineers both inside the state of Arkansas and around the country.
These roles appear in the power, military contracting, and manufacturing industries
Where Can I Get More Information About The Mechanical Engineering Degree?
For more information about the Mechanical Engineering degree and requirements, see the program within the College of Engineering & Applied Sciences catalog.