2019 Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Region VI Higher Education Collaborative
The purpose of the FEMA Region VI Higher Education Collaborative is to establish a regional community of educators, engaged in an ongoing dialogue to share information and foster collaboration among colleges, universities, and Centers of Excellence in Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. Ultimately, these efforts will serve to increase resiliency and enhance disaster preparation and response efforts by emergency management and homeland security agencies, practitioners, and other affected stakeholders.
Goals of the FEMA Region VI Higher Education Collaborative:
- Maximize stakeholder engagement.
- Confront challenges facing academic programs.
- Incorporate practical experience and experiential learning into academic curricula.
- Promote diversity in the profession.
- Balance homeland security issues and emergency management principles in college and university programs.
- Bring together emergency management and homeland security academics and practitioners to share efforts and discuss opportunities.
- Promote research that addresses homeland security and emergency management issues.
Can't Attend in person? Join us via Webex!
- Join by video system
Dial email@example.comYou can also dial 188.8.131.52 and enter your meeting number.
- Join by phone
+1-469-210-7159 United States Toll (Dallas)+1-415-655-0001 US TollAccess code: 802 397 390
Location: Arkansas Tech University, Doc Bryan 242
8:15 am Check-in
8:30 am Welcome
8:45 am Jamie Stacy, PhD: AR River Flooding: Public Perception of Risk Communication
9:30 am Pete Blair, PhD: ALERRT
10:30 am Break
10:45 am Kevin Clement, PhD: Port of the Future
11:15 am Bethany Swindell, MS: UAVs for Situational Awareness During 2019 AR Flooding
11:45 am Lunch
11:15 pm Andi Smith & Tyler Lachowsky, Campus Preparedness: Best Practices
1:45 pm Joseph Richmond, LP.D. and Amy Hyman, MS: Mitigation Projects for Higher Education
2:15 pm Break
2:30 pm Lucas Moody, MS: Cyber Security
3:30 pm Alyssa L. Provencio, PhD: Working with State and Local Partners on Collaborative Research Projects
4:15 pm Roundtable: Open Forum