English Language Institute
- The English Language Institute (ELI) offers 5 sessions during the year: two in the fall (beginning in August), two in the spring (beginning in January), and one in the summer (beginning in May).
- Each of the 5 sessions is 8 weeks long. Two sessions are equal to one semester at the University.
- There are 5 levels for undergraduate students and 6 levels for graduate students.
- Subjects taught are Grammar, Reading, Writing, and Listening/Speaking.
- The class sizes are small and offer one-on-one help from the teacher.
The English Language Institute faculty at Arkansas Tech University prepares English language learners with the skills necessary to develop academic proficiency to successfully meet the demands and expectations of the college classroom. The Institute provides an effective academic curriculum that enables student learning and allows students to reach their academic goals.