ATU Online Teaching Academy
Arkansas Tech University has received a grant from the Arkansas Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) to offer an Online Teaching Academy in 2021-2022. The goal of DESE in offering this Online Teaching Academy opportunity is to increase the capacity of Arkansas Public Schools to be able to offer effective online instruction for all students now and in the future.
- Fifteen (15) hours of graduate coursework
- Courses and meetings will include synchronous, asynchronous and virtual reality sessions
- An Online teacher K-12 Endorsement
- Includes 6 hrs of coursework during Summer 2021
- Includes 6 hrs of coursework during Fall 2021
- Includes 3 hrs of coursework during Spring 2022
- Includes "Synchronous Saturday" morning sessions once per month throughout the school year
- Designed for completion of the Academy in one year
The entire cost of tuition, materials and the required test will be covered by the DESE grant.
- Students are responsible for providing reliable computer access and a reliable wireless Internet connection for all program activities.
- Completion of the Academy and passing the state required Online Teaching examination will fulfill requirements for an Online Teaching Endorsement.
How to Apply
- Use the link below to apply for the 2021-2022 Arkansas Tech University Online Teaching Academy.
- Complete the Preliminary Application for the ATU Online Teaching Academy.
- Once admitted to the academy, participants will be sent a letter of commitment, promising to complete the full program and the Online Teaching test requirement for the Online Teaching endorsement.
- Participants must sign and return the commitment letter.
- Participants must then complete registration through the ATU Graduate College to finalize admission to Arkansas Tech's 2021-2022 Online Teaching Academy.
- Priority will be given to those applying by Friday, May 14, 2021.
Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis or put on a waiting list. Teachers from underserved communities are encouraged to apply.
Teachers who complete Arkansas Tech's Online Teaching Academy will earn credit for the following endorsement courses:
- EDMD 5033 Introduction to Instructional Technology
- EDMD 5043 Foundations of Online Curriculum Design and Evaluation
- EDMD 5053 Online Course Development with Multimedia
- EDMD 5063 Advanced Curriculum Design for the Online Classroom
- EDMD 6113 Emerging Technologies for Education and Training