Welcome to the College of Education AND HEALTH
Welcome to the College of Education and Health, where we prepare teachers and leaders for programs serving students birth through PK-12 and adult learners, produce nurses with real-world skills and develop rehabilitation science, emergency management and student affairs administration professionals. You will discover a range of nationally accredited degree and certification options administered and taught by highly regarded, experienced professionals in the College of Education and Health.
The Arkansas Tech University College of Education is dedicated to developing successful and innovative professionals who will internalize, initiate, and sustain a commitment to impact individuals in diverse and evolving communities.
The Arkansas Tech University College of Education prepares professionals, who will positively impact learners, systems, and communities, by providing competency- and outcomes-based undergraduate and graduate programs.
The College of Education and Health seeks to continuously improve its programs and recognizes the importance of its many shareholders in this process. Due to this pursuit, the College provides numerous opportunities to discuss its programs and to gather input from its shareholders (e.g., via surveys, shareholder meetings, Cohort meetings, university councils, specialized professional association pursuits, college, departmental and program meetings, etc.).
Arkansas "Right to Read" Act
The following link discusses the College of Education and Health's compliance with Act 1063 of 2017 termed the Right to Read Act. The linked document discusses this Act and how the College meets the expectations delineated by this Act.
HIGH IMPACT LEARNING
Degrees & Programs
The above link provides information concerning Stage II application, Internship II application (Stage III), and Educator Licensure application (Stage IV). Also included on this page are the overall College of Education policies and procedures, requirements, and expectations for students pursuing teacher licensure. Please click on the link for more information.
Undergraduate level programs:
- Bachelor of Science - Elementary, Middle Childhood/Early Adolescence, or Secondary Education (in partnership with other Colleges on campus) leading to teacher licensure.
- The College of Education and Student Support Services are working together to assist eligible education majors with additional support toward teacher preparation. Select the Teacher Prep SSS Info Sheet and the video at the following link for details. - Student Support Services Teacher Preparation Program
- Health and Physical Education leading to teacher licensure or for wellness and fitness.
- Associate Degree - Early Childhood (Birth thru Kindergarten; Non-Licensure) Online
- Minor in Leadership Studies
Graduate programs leading to teacher licensure:
- Master of Arts in Teaching (initial licensure)
- Master of Education in Teaching, Learning, and Leadership (NTL initial licensure).
Advanced studies leading to additional licensure and/or endorsement:
- Master of Education - Instructional Technology - Library Media Specialist (Grades K-12) Online
- Master of Education - Special Education (Grades K-12) Online
- Master of Education - K-12 Literacy (Grades K-12) Online
- Special Education Endorsement (Birth-Kindergarten) Online
- Special Education Resource Endorsement (Grades K-6, 7-12) Online
- Dyslexia Therapist/Specialist Endorsement (Grades K-12) Online
Advanced studies in leadership leading to licensure:
- Master of Education - Educational Leadership Online
- Master of Education - School Counseling and Leadership
- Master of Education - Teaching, Learning, and Leadership (Curriculum Administrator)
- Educational Specialist - Educational Leadership (Superintendent Licensure)
Advanced study degrees and certificates in other areas:
- Master of Education - Instructional Technology - Instructional Design and Technology (Non-Licensure)
- Certification for Online Teaching
- Master of Science - Strength and Conditioning (Non-Licensure)
- Master of Science - Student Affairs Administration Online
- Advising Certificate Online
Doctorate of Education - School Leadership (cohorts form each summer)
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions or if you would like to meet with an education advisor to discuss career options.
All University Scholarships (some of these are for education majors)
College of Education Scholarships (scroll to "All Education Majors")
Foundation Scholarships (some of these scholarships are specifically for education majors)
External Scholarships (some of these scholarships are specifically for education majors)