Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Bachelor of Arts in Public History is housed within the College of Arts & Humanities. In addition to history-specific coursework, this program requires interdisciplinary studies in the areas of Economics, Political Science, Geography, Communication, and Behavioral Sciences. Additionally, a range of courses focuses on historical preservation and management of museums or archived records. This program is designated as a recommended option for pre-law students intending to apply for law school after completion of their undergraduate degree.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Make professional presentations
- Pursuit of scholarly publications
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Careful and purposeful collection and preservation of records and historical artifacts.
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, evaluate and integrate relevant facts by stating, defending and testing a thesis or hypothesis.
- Historical reasoning and knowledge of the past, including development of human society and culture.
- Understanding core concepts in government and politics, international relations, political theory and geography.
About This Degree
In-State: $232 | Out-of-State: $464
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Historical consultant
- Urban planner
Alumni of our program work at:
- Republican National Committee
- Division of Workforce Services
- Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Law School (external)
- Master of Arts in History (ATU)
- Ph.D. in History (external)
Point of Pride
Our faculty members have strong teaching and research backgrounds, each holding advanced degrees from noted universities.