Medical Laboratory Science
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person
The medical laboratory science program, once known as Med Tech, prepares students for a career in a medical laboratory with three years at the Russellville campus and one intensive year at an affiliate institution.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Classes with labs while at the Russellville campus
- Laboratory intensive classes and rotations through medical labs during their final year at the affiliate institution
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Data analysis
- Critical thinking
- Medical laboratory test interpretation
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Medical lab
- Hospital lab
- Clinical lab
- Medical lab equipment sales and repair
- Hospital administration
- Medical laboratory manager
Alumni of our program work at:
- Baptist Health Hospital
- Mercy Health Hospital
- UAMS Hospital
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Master’s and Ph.D. programs in medical laboratory science
Point of Pride
Our students have a 90% pass rate on the medical lab science national board exam.
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.