Journalism - Public Relations
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Public Relations option offers students a cohort experience where they develop critical thinking, strategic planning, writing and design skills. In addition to the journalism core requirements, there are four courses required for the PR option.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Final projects in Jour 3273, Jour 4073 and Jour 4173 are professional portfolios that students can use when looking for internships and jobs.
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Critical thinking
- How to create a media kit
- How to create and implement a PR campaign
- How to design various communication pieces
- Working with business professionals
- Working with others
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Account Executive
- Communications Specialist
- Community Relations
- Public Information Officer
- Social Media Manager
Alumni of our program work at:
- JB Hunt
- Salvation Army
- Sun Branding Solutions
- Walton Foundation
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR)
- Master of Arts in Multi-Media Journalism
Point of Pride
Former students have held leadership roles nationally for PRSSA and as president of Arkansas PRSA.