Journalism - Broadcast
Certificate of Proficiency in Broadcast Journalism| Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
Tech broadcasting gives you the hands-on and performance experience necessary to excel in broadcast journalism upon your graduation from Arkansas Tech. We also offer internship opportunities for broadcast journalism majors during your junior and senior years at television stations in Little Rock, Tulsa, Fayetteville, Jonesboro and Fort Smith.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Anchor television news, weather or sports
- Be a producer of a tv or radio program
- Host your own radio program
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Improve your writing skills
- Speak more professionally
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Print writer or editor
- Radio host or producer
- TV News anchor or reporter
Alumni of our program work at:
- Arkansas Democrat Gazette
- Johnson Agency
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Technical Writing and Performance certificate
- Multimedia Journalism graduate degree
Point of Pride
Forty percent of broadcasting graduates are offered positions in the discipline.