Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Bachelor of Arts in International Studies is housed within the College of Arts & Humanities with possible concentrations in either Cultural Affairs or Political Affairs. As an interdisciplinary program, coursework is taken from the departments of History & Political Science and English & World Languages to fulfill a mutual understanding of culture through language and historical events that shape the present. Students may choose from the available foreign languages and cultures to study Spanish, French, German or Japanese. This program is designated as a recommended option for pre-law students intending to apply to law school after completion of their undergraduate degree.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- Make professional presentations
- Pursuit of scholarly publications
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Ability to present information, concepts and ideas to an audience.
- Culture comparisons across multiple languages.
- Mastery of significant literary works in the chosen language.
- Oral and written proficiency in the chosen language other than English.
- Recognition of distinctive viewpoints within chosen language and culture.
About This Degree
In-State: $232 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $464 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Research Analyst
- Political Consultant
- Human Resource Coordinator
- Marketing Specialist
Alumni of our program work at:
- Van Kleef and Vaughn Law Firm
- University of Missouri
- Bryant High School
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Law School (external)
- Master of Arts in History (ATU)
- Ph.D. (external)
Point of Pride
Our faculty members have strong teaching and research backgrounds, each holding advanced degrees from noted universities.