Agriculture Business-Feed Mill Management Option
Bachelor's Degree | Russellville Campus | In-Person or Blended
If you have discipline-specific educational goals, there are options under the Agriculture Business Major. These options include Animal Science, Horticulture, Feed Mill Management, Pre-Veterinary Medicine and Public Relations. These choices provide you the opportunity to explore the many prospects available in the dynamic agriculture industry. Whether your interests lie in production agriculture or the business of the livestock, horticulture, feed milling, pre-veterinarian medicine or public relations, Tech has a program for you!
The Feed Mill Management option will prepare students for the dynamic, challenging and fast paced career in the milling industry. This option truly integrates all the pieces: business, economics, commodities, management and animal science to provide a career path for you. It is our only option that requires a directed internship with a major feed manufacturer, such as Tyson Foods or JBS.
HANDS-ON LEARNING opportunities
- On-site application of ag-business in a leading agriculture processing business through the capstone experiences (AGBU 4173: Senior Seminar in Agriculture Business)
- Option of completing an internship in the agriculture industry (AGBU 3993: Internship in Agriculture)
- Two courses interning in the feed mill sector of the agriculture industry (AGBU 3993: Internship in Agriculture & AGBU 4993: Internship in Agriculture II)
SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN
- Critical thinking
- Developing livestock feeds
- Managing resources
- Processing products
- Utilizing technology
- Working with others
About This Degree
In-State: $232 | Out-of-State: $464
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
- Financial Aid
- Payment Plan
- Graduate Assistantships
You could work as a(n):
- Feed Commodity Trader
- Feed Mill Manager
- Livestock Feed Sales
- Livestock Production Manager
Alumni of our program work at:
- OK Foods
- Simmons Foods
- Tyson Foods
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- MS in Agriculture
- MS in Agriculture Economics
- MS in Animal Science (Nutrition)
Point of Pride
Many alumni are in agriculture industry careers and graduate programs.