Department of Computer & Information Science
The Computer and Information Science Department offers four undergraduate programs: a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, and an Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology.
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and the Bachelor of Science in Information Systems programs are both accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET, Inc., the national accrediting board for engineering and technology.
In order to ensure continued program quality, the department strives to achieve the following objectives for its graduates and alumni:
- Communicate effectively using terminology and processes that are appropriate for the field
- Work efficiently and effectively in a team environment to develop support tools and systems to satisfy stated requirements
- Solve complex computational problems using appropriate models, techniques, and abstractions
- Conduct themselves in a professional and ethically responsible manner
- Learn new trends and technology and willingly adapt to new systems and software environments
Dr. Luay A. Wahsheh, Department Head
Corley Hall, Room 201-C
For more information, please visit www.atu.edu/cis/