College Distinction provides exceptional current Arkansas Tech students an opportunity to challenge themselves academically and gain recognition for their outstanding work in the college classroom. Students with at least sixty hours of college credit and thirty hours of course work at Arkansas Tech with a minimum 3.5 GPA are invited to participate in the program. Students who accept the invitation to pursue College Distinction will have the opportunity to take two courses designated as distinction courses. The first is an enrichment course. This course provides an extra educational experience related to the student’s field of study and could include, among other experiences, study abroad, internship, service learning, or mentor-guided research. The second is an enhanced capstone course. This course demonstrates a student’s ability to work at an exceptional level in a given field and is enhanced by an advanced or accelerated curriculum.
Students’ successful completion of the course requirements and a graduating GPA of 3.5 or better will allow for graduation “with distinction.” This will be noted on student transcripts and diplomas.
Each department within a college will identify distinction courses for each major. To see requirements for fulfillment of College Distinction in the specific departments, go to their departmental pages by following the links below.
- Department of Agriculture and Tourism
- Department of Art
- Department of Behavioral Sciences
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Communication & Media Studies
- Department of Engineering and Computing Sciences
- Department of English & World Languages
- Department of History & Political Science
- Department of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Music
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Physical and Earth Sciences
- Department of Emergency Management and Professional Studies
- Department of Teaching & Educational Leadership
- School of Business