Bachelor of Arts in Communication - Theatre and Film Production
Those students choosing the Theatre and Film Production option must take:
- COMM 1023 Exploration of Media and Communication or JOUR 1023 Exploration of Media and Communication
- COMM 3163 Writing for Performance
- COMM 4823 Communication Capstone
- TH 2703 Acting Theories and Techniques
- TH 3263 Narrative Film Production
- TH 3513 Stagecraft Techniques
- TH 3803 Directing Theories and Techniques
The matrix below is a sample plan for all coursework required for this program.
|SFHS 1XXX Social Sciences/Fine Arts/Humanities/Communication Courses 1,3||3|
|FAH 1XXX Fine Arts and Humanities Courses 1,3||3|
|TH 3513 Stagecraft Techniques||3|
1See appropriate alternatives or substitutions in "General Education Requirements".
2A maximum of seven hours of theatre practicum courses may be counted toward the thirty-three hour major.
3Certain electives and social sciences are recommended based on student’s emphasis.
4At least 40 of the total hours required for graduation must be 3000-4000 level courses.