Bachelor of Arts in Communication - Speech Option
Those students choosing the speech option must take:
- COMM 1003 Introduction to Communication
- COMM 2003 Public Speaking
- COMM 3003 Interpersonal Communication
- COMM 3123 Argumentation or COMM 3133 Digital Civility
- COMM 4003 Human Communication Theory
Students choosing the speech option, in consultation with an advisor, can design a program in one of the following areas of emphasis:
- communication for the professions
- language and culture
- organizational communication
- performance studies
The matrix below is a sample plan for all coursework required for this program.
|ENGL 1013 Composition I 1
|USHG 1XXX U. S. History and GovernmentU. S. History and Government 1
|SCIL 1XXX Science with Laboratory 1
|COMM 1003 Introduction to Communication||3|
|TECH 1001 Orientation to the University||1|
|COMM 4003 Human Communication Theory||3|
|Elective (3000-4000 level)||12|
|COMM Elective (3000- 4000 level)||3|
|Elective (3000-4000 level)||1|
1See appropriate alternatives or substitutions in "General Education Requirements".
2Certain electives and social sciences are recommended based on student’s emphasis.