College Distinction provides exceptional current Arkansas Tech students an opportunity to challenge themselves academically and gain recognition for their outstanding work in the college classroom. Students with at least sixty hours of college credit and thirty hours of course work at Arkansas Tech with a minimum 3.5 GPA are invited to participate in the program. Students who accept the invitation to pursue College Distinction will have the opportunity to take two courses designated as distinction courses. The first is an enrichment course. This course provides an extra educational experience related to the student’s field of study and could include, among other experiences, study abroad, internship, service learning, or mentor-guided research. The second is an enhanced capstone course. This course demonstrates a student’s ability to work at an exceptional level in a given field and is enhanced by an advanced or accelerated curriculum.
Students’ successful completion of the course requirements and a graduating GPA of 3.5 or better will allow for graduation “with distinction.” This will be noted on student transcripts and diplomas.
Each department within a college will identify distinction courses for each major. To see requirements for fulfillment of College Distinction in the specific departments, go to their departmental pages by following the links below.
- College of Business
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Art
- Department of Behavioral Sciences
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Communication & Journalism
- Department of Computer and Information Science
- Department of Curriculum & Instruction
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Emergency Management
- Department of English & World Languages
- Department of Health & Physical Education
- Department of History & Political Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Music
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Parks, Recreation & Hospitality Administration
- Department of Physical Sciences
- Department of Professional Studies
For more information on College Distinction, please contact Dr. Jeff Woods, Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities at (479) 968-0274 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.