ABOUT THE CAREER CENTER
Believing applied technology will be of increasing importance in our world, the Career Center is committed to providing quality career and technical instruction for all students. Believing a person reaches the highest level of development in a democratic society, the Career Center will provide the opportunity for each student to become a lifelong learner, as well as a productive, responsible citizen.
- Develop habits and attitudes that promote occupational safety;
- Develop problem-solving techniques encouraging students to think;
- Develop good interpersonal skills;
- Develop effective oral and written communication skills;
- Develop personal work ethics including dependability, attendance, morality and honesty;
- Develop the ability to accept and carry out instructions;
- Develop an understanding of working on a team and the importance of group activity and participation;
- Provide occupational information, career planning and job-search skills,
- Provide school to work transition opportunities through cooperative learning withbusiness, manufacturing, health, and service industries;
- Provide entry level skills in each instructional area.