Working fewer than 30 hours per week is considereding part-time employment. It can help relieve the financial burden of a college education and give you industry experience and build your network.
There are three types on-campus student jobs at Arkansas Tech University:
- Work-Study: Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program provides jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. Students must be enrolled at least halftime. An average of 20 hours per week at minimum wage constitutes a normal work load. Students are paid on the 15th of each month. Arkansas Tech University also provides opportunity for work in areas of community service. For more information about work-study, click HERE.
- Non Work-Study: A university student employment program established to employ qualified students who do not show financial aid eligibility. The normal work load is 20 hours per week at minimum wage. Students must be enrolled at least halftime. Students must be enrolled at least halftime and are paid on the 15th of each month.
- University Contract Services Employment: A job provided through a vendor who has a existing contract with Arkansas Tech University including Chartwells.
Searching for On-Campus Jobs
- Networking and contacting departments directly.
- Campus billboards.
If you have any questions about CAREERlink please call Norman Career Services at (479) 968.0278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Working off-campus allows students to get industry experience and work in a variety of different areas. Hours, shifts, and pay may vary.
Searching for Off-Campus Jobs
- Networking and contacting employers directly.
- Campus billboards