What You Will Learn
What Is The Marketing Degree?
Marketing students learn how to create, communicate, deliver and exchange products that have value for customers. With careers available in product development, sales, retailing (both traditional and online), advertising, shopper marketing, marketing analytics, and digital marketing, marketers have opportunities to have professions that are satisfying and challenging. With an emphasis on applied learning, the marketing major at ATU gives students an opportunity to acquire hands on knowledge, rather than traditional lectures and textbooks.
What Will I Learn In The Program?
- Quantitative problem solving techniques
- Marketing foundational principles
- Relevant business verbiage
- Oral and written communication
- Critical evaluation of management
- Problem solving
- Ethical decision making
- Industry-necessary technology
What Courses Will I Take?
The Academic Advising Center has created maps that are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the current Undergraduate Catalog. On each Degree Map, the milestones listed to the right of each term are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
What Resources Are Available To Me?
- American Management Association
- American Society for Training & Development
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management Society
Additional Resources Specifically For Tech Students:
- Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center
- Accounting Club
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Business Student Leadership Council
- ATU Society of Human Resource Management
- Student Managed Investment Club
Where Can I Get More Information About The Marketing Degree?
If you would like to tour the College of Business please contact Angie Bell.