What You Will Learn
What Is The Finance Degree?
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a degree in Finance is housed
within the College of Business. The study of finance equips students to analyze a
broad range of socioeconomic phenomena and policy alternatives. The course of study
contains a theoretical core supporting the finance, accounting, marketing, and management
What Will I Learn In This Program?
- Economic and financial concept applications and relationships
- Global evaluation of economic and financial issues
- Relevant business verbiage
- Oral and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Financial decision making
- Industry-necessary technology
What Courses Will I Take?
The Academic Advising Center has created maps that are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the current Undergraduate Catalog. On each Degree Map, the milestones listed to the right of each term are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
What Resources Are Available To Me?
- American Economic Association
- National Association for Business Economics
- American Bankers Association
- Association for Financial Professionals
- Financial Planning Professionals
- Financial Management Association
- International Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, Inc.
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
Additional Resources Specifically For Tech Students:
- Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center
- Accounting Club
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Business Student Leadership Council
- Marketing Club
Where Can I Get More Information About The Finance Degree?
If you would like a tour of the College of Business please contact Katie Hook.