What You Will Learn
What Is The Business Education Degree?
The Bachelor of Science in Business Education is housed within the College of Business.
The program is application-oriented and interdisciplinary with cases and team projects
involving actual business integrated throughout the curriculum. Opportunities are
made available for students to observe certified teachers in the classroom and complete
an internship program in preparation for a career in education. This program can be
used to assist in gaining teacher licensure to teach grades 4 - 12.
What Will I Learn In This Program?
- Current business practices and theory
- Common business verbiage
- Critical thinking
- Oral and written communication
- Lesson planning
- Learning techniques based on grade level and national standards
What Courses Will I Take?
The Academic Advising Center has created maps that are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the current Undergraduate Catalog. On each Degree Map, the milestones listed to the right of each term are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
What Resources Are Available To Me?
- National Business Education Association
- National Association for Business Teacher Education
- Arkansas Business Education Association
Additional Resources Specifically For Tech Students:
- Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center
- Accounting Club
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Business Student Leadership Council
- ATU Society of Human Resource Management
- Student Managed Investment Club
Where Can I Get More Information About The Business Education Degree?
If you would like to tour the College of Business please contact Courtney Pratt.