What is GMetrix?
GMetrix is a program that allows you to practice taking Microsoft Office Specialist certification exams. Arkansas Tech University has purchased a site license for GMetrix. You are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity to add the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification to your resume.
Why is it important?
GMetrix is important for a couple of reasons:
1. It allows you to familiarize yourself with the testing software and overall experience.
2. You can take an unlimited number of practice exams.
What should I know about it?
GMetrix has two modes: Training, and Testing. The difference is that Training mode provides step-by-step help for each test question, with no time limit, while Testing mode simulates the test as closely as possible: there is a time limit, a specific number of questions, and no help.
Also, GMetrix will only run on Windows. If you have a Mac, see the instructions by clicking here to learn what you can do to attain MOS Excel Certification.
What is my goal?
Your goal is to score 800 (80%) or better on five exams in Testing mode. This has proven to be very effective in ensuring a passing score on the actual Certification Exam.
Where do I get it?
You can download GMetrix here. GMetrix is installed on all Arkansas Tech University Lab computers in Rothwell Hall.
Please note that GMetrix has its own software requirements. Click here to view them.
How do I use it?
Once GMetrix is installed on your computer, double click its icon. When the program opens, it will ask for a username and password.
NOTE: you should change your password by logging in with your GMetrix account info to http://www.GMetrix.net, selecting "My Account" from the left navigation menu, then selecting "View".Once you're logged in, you will be able to start by clicking on "Take a test", and then clicking "Go" to the right of your access code, as shown
There two modes of practice: Training, and Testing.
- Training is helpful because it allows you to become familiar with the test-taking procedure, and the software involved. We encourage you to click around and see how things work. You can even request help!
- Testing mode simulates an actual exam - it's a timed test, has a specific number of questions, and you cannot ask for assistance.
- Your goal with GMetrix should be to score 800 or better on 5 or more exams in Testing mode before you take the Certification Exam.
If you have any questions not answered by this page regarding GMetrix, please contact the College of Business office in Rothwell Hall.