- On-campus students stay in the dorms and all meals (Mon. lunch-Sat. breakfast) are included in the price
- Off-campus students are those who live locally and choose not to stay overnight in the dorms
- Off-campus students have the option of choosing a meal plan that includes lunch and supper Monday through Friday. Cost: $65
All on-campus students will register from 8:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. on the first day of camp. If it is necessary for you to be late, please notify us in advance. Otherwise, late arrivals cannot be accommodated. Off-campus students will register at 10:30 a.m. Camp officially begins at 11:00 with an all-camp meeting in Witherspoon Auditorium. Upon arrival on campus on July 11, go directly to the registration area in Witherspoon Lobby where students will receive a packet containing their name tag, dorm assignment, and t-shirt. Students will then report to their dorms to unpack, etc. until the orientation assembly at 11:00.
You may purchase a meal plan for your noon and supper meals from the cafeteria. The meal plan includes lunch and supper Monday through Friday of camp (10 meals). The cost is $65. Your registration time is on the Monday of camp at 10:30 a.m. in the lobby of Witherspoon. All off campus students need to check in daily. Students in Junior High are not permitted to sign in themselves. If a parent/guardian is unable to do this, a form (available at registration) may be filled out and signed by the parent stating who has permission to drop off/pick up their child. A sign in/out table will be located in the Camp Business office. Off campus students will be assigned to the nearest dorm of the same sex to use as a place to visit or hang out during their free time.
- Things to bring: instrument mutes or other accessories, linens (sheets, pillow, blanket, towels, wash cloths), toiletries, rain gear, comfortable walking shoes.
- Things NOT to bring: no tobacco products, alcohol, fireworks, skateboards, rollerblades, rollershoes, hoverboards, or laser pointers. Cell phones must remain off during classes, assemblies, and other camp functions.
- Dress Code: typical school clothing. Shorts are permitted. ATU building regulations require that shoes be worn in all campus buildings. Concert uniform is "Sunday Dress" and includes at least a dress shirt and tie for men. Coats/suits are preferred. School clothes are appropriate for the dance.
- We discourage students having any large amounts of cash in their possession. Checks from parents for spending money may not exceed $20 each. Checks should be made payable to Arkansas Tech University, not to an individual.
- All parents visiting campus during the week of camp need to check in at the camp office, Witherspoon room 165, and receive a visitor name tag before going to the dorms.
- Student mail during camp should be addressed to: (name), ATU Summer Music Camp, 407 West Q Street, Witherspoon Rm. 165, Russellville, AR 72801-2222.
A $50.00 administrative fee will be deducted from all refunds.
- Students will need to be checked out of the dorm before their concert begins. Please report directly to your child's dorm on Saturday morning. Any fees for damages or lost keys/swipe cards will be assessed to the camper and the parent will be billed. Lost key/card fee is $30.
- All performances will be in Witherspoon Auditorium. Each band will have a different warm-up and performance time. Please make sure that you know in which band your child is performing, so you can checkout accordingly. See Concert Schedule above.
- Souvenir audio and video recordings of camp performances will be available to order for all camps on the day of the concert.
Campers participating in ATU sponsored camps must remain on the University campus at all times. Campers may only leave campus with a staff member of the camp, a parent, or a legal guardian, as approved by the Camp Business Office. This policy shall also apply to commuter campers until the last camp activity of the day has been completed.
Any act or threat, including profane or abusive language for the purpose of harassing or submitting any one on ATU property to pain, discomfort, or indignity is subject to disciplinary action and will not be tolerated. This includes racial, ethnic, or sexual harassment, verbal or property abuse, and any conduct that endangers the health, safety, or well being of any band camp member or staff. All students are expected to adhere to the rules, regulations, and policies of the camp. Students who fail to comply will be sent home with no refund of fees.