Academic support assessment
- Annual Assessment Plan Training for Academic Support Offices (video) - August 2021 staff training
- Assessment Handbook: Academic Support (document) - assessment handbook for staff
- Weave Tutorial for Academic Support (document)
- Example of Annual Assessment Plan (document) - staff office example
- Weave Help (webpage) - for faculty and staff
- Weave login for ATU (webpage) - all ATU users
Assessment in academic support embodies the Higher Learning Commission's 4th Guiding Value, "A culture of continuous improvement”, which states,
A process of assessment is essential to continuous improvement, and therefore a commitment to assessment should be deeply embedded in an institution’s activities. Assessment applies not only to student learning and educational outcomes but to an institution’s approach to improvement of institutional effectiveness.
Academic support (administrative departments, offices, and functional units) at ATU have two assessment processes for improvement in professional practice:
- annual assessment
- comprehensive program review
These processes are supported through guidance and review by the Institutional Effectiveness Assessment (IEA) Committee.
1. Annual Assessment Plans
Academic support units complete annual (July 1 - June 30) assessment following a standard assessment cycle. Units are required to enter their plans into the Weave assessment management system. These plans support the unit’s comprehensive program review.
2. Comprehensive Program Review
Academic Support units complete an in-depth self-assessment program review every five to seven years following the guidelines of the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS). Units scheduled to complete CAS self-assessment are contacted by the OAIE and assigned an IEA committee member liaison for assistance. Units are required to enter their CAS SAG report into the Weave assessment management system.
Program Review Schedule
View the ATU CAS Review Schedule here.
For more information about these assessment processes, please see the document, Assessment Handbook: Academic Support.