office of Assessment and Institutional effectiveness
The Graduate Assistant for the OAIE reports to the Director of Assessment & Institutional Effectiveness through the Assessment Specialist. This is 9-month position (August 2019 - May 2020) and is 20 hours per week, mostly weekdays with occasional evening or weekend hours, as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Graduate Assistant performs various duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with training and education in assessment practice for members of the university community
- Assessment grant outcomes tracking and reporting
- Assessment database management and user training
- Creation of assessment training materials
- Assessment report reviews through online assessment tools
- Assistance with office initiatives (G2C, HLC, iPad instruction assessment, student organization assessment)
- Research assistance for director
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ideal skills, knowledge, and abilities for the Graduate Assistant include:
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of student learning assessment or coursework in the teaching and learning process
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, information literacy, and time management skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated with excellent work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively to complete work in a timely manner in the face of fluctuating workloads and competing priorities.
Qualifications and Remuneration:
The minimal requirements for a candidate seeking this assistantship opportunity is a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, admittance to the Arkansas Tech University graduate school as a master’s degree seeking graduate student, and a background check. This position provides a monthly stipend and a tuition waiver for up to 18 hours of graduate credit for the academic year. The Graduate Assistant is responsible for all other tuition, fees, and living expenses.
How to Apply:
Submit your application through Handshake.