What You Will Learn
What Is The BFA Fine Art Degree?
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fine Art is housed within the College of Arts and Humanities. This program is committed to providing professional studio studies in Ceramics, Painting, Drawing, Sculpture and Printmaking. We seek to challenge students to think critically and consider historical perspectives. This program challenges the student to develop and assess a professional portfolio of work for exhibition within the student’s area of specialization.
What Will I Learn In This Program?
- Identifying and analyzing visual arts concepts and vocabulary in critiques and discussions
- Applying principles of design, color and design concepts in a variety of studio media
- Developing, conceptualizing and completing works of art
- Ability to place works of art in a historical, cultural and stylistic context
- Application of creative and critical thinking to develop a body of original works of art
- Develop a professional artist’s statement and professional level of work in the area of the student’s specialization to be exhibited at graduation
What Courses Will I Take?
The Academic Advising Center has created maps that are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the current Undergraduate Catalog. On each Degree Map, the milestones listed to the right of each term are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
What Resources Are Available To Me?
- College Art Association
- Arkansas Arts Council
- Crystal Bridges Museum
- Arkansas Arts Center
- The Butler Center for Arkansas Studies
- The River Valley Arts Center
Additional Resources Specifically for Tech Students:
Where Might I Find A Job After Graduating From This Program?
The BFA in Fine art prepares students for the competitive application process for their continuing study of the visual arts in a variety of MFA programs for those who wish to pursue a career as college professors or as professional artists. The program also prepares students to pursue art related businesses such as working in galleries, museums and art foundations as managers, curators and sales.
Where can I get more information about the BFA Fine Art Degree?
For more information about the BFA in Fine Art degree and requirements, see the program within the College of Arts and Humanities catalog.