Residence Hall Staff Application Information
Thank you for your interest in working with the Arkansas Governor’s School!
It is one of the most exciting educational experiences at the secondary-school level in the nation. The AGS work experience is very demanding but it is also very enjoyable and very rewarding. Our staff members are special people who enjoy challenges and believe it is a privilege to help shape the lives of Arkansas’ best and brightest young people.
- October 1, 2019 – Residence Hall Staff applications available online
- January 21, 2020 – Residence Hall Staff applications due
- March 15, 2020 - Residence Hall Staff applicants will be notified by email about hiring decision
- June 28-July 4, 2020 - Residence Hall Staff training and meetings
- July 5, 2020 - AGS student check-in and Opening Ceremony
- August 1, 2020 - AGS Closing Ceremony and student check-out
Residence Hall Staff Positions
- Residence Hall Director (RD) - Two RD will be hired. Application for the RD position will be through the ACUHO-I Housing Internship Program. Interested individuals can go to www.acuho-i.org/network/cid/7173 to apply. A short job description can be found here.
- Assistant Residence Hall Director (Assistant RD) - Two Assistant RD will be hired; one each for Nutt Hall and M Street Hall. A short job description can be found here. Applications for the Assistant RD positions consist of completing the application, a letter of reference from a faculty member or employer who can speak to your leadership qualifications and an official copy of current college transcript. Letters can be mailed to the address below or emailed to email@example.com. Application and transcript can be sent to the AGS office: Arkansas Governor's School, 1701 N. Boulder Ave., Russellville, AR 72801, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resident Assistant (RA) - Approximately 20 RA will be hired; one for each 20 students. A short job description can be found here. Applications for the RA positions consist of completing the application and providing an official copy of current college transcript. Application and transcript can be sent to the AGS office: Arkansas Governor's School, 1701 N. Boulder Ave., Russellville, AR 72801, or emailed to email@example.com.
- Please consider the session dates and your availability. These positions require work during evenings and weekends.
- All personnel will be hired on salary with social security and income taxes withheld.
- All staff are required to have a background screening and mandatory reporter training. Instructions for completing these items will be provided if a position is offered and accepted.
- Appointments are for a single summer session.
- Food and housing are provided for Resident Hall Staff at no charge.
- Please be aware that application information may be subject to FOIA requests and, therefore, may become public.
If you have any questions please contact the AGS Office.
Arkansas Governor's School:
Phone: (479) 968-0391