Residence Hall Staff Application Information
Thank you for your interest in working with the Arkansas Governor’s School!
It is one of the most exciting educational experiences at the secondary-school level in the nation. The AGS work experience is very demanding but it is also very enjoyable and very rewarding. Our staff members are special people who enjoy challenges and believe it is a privilege to help shape the lives of Arkansas’ best and brightest young people.
- October 15, 2022 – Residence Hall Staff applications available online
- January 20, 2023 – Assistant RD applications due
- May 1, 2023 - RA applications due
- March 1, 2023 - Activities Director applications due
- May 2023 - RA meeting via WebEx
- June 26-30, 2023 - RA training and meetings (required)
- July 5, 2023 - AGS student check-in and Opening Ceremony
- August 1, 2023 - AGS Closing Ceremony and student check-out
- August 2, 2023 - RA check-out
Residence Hall Staff Positions
- Assistant Residence Hall Director (Assistant RD) - Two Assistant RD will be hired; one each for Nutt Hall and M Street Hall. A short job description can be found here. Applications for the Assistant RD positions consist of completing the application and providing a letter of reference from a faculty member or employer who can speak to your leadership qualifications.
- Resident Assistant (RA) - Approximately 20 RA will be hired; one for each 20 students. A short job description can be found here. Applications for the RA positions consist of completing the application and providing a letter of reference from a university faculty member or a university supervisor.
- Activities Director - One person will be hired. A short job description can be found here. Applications for the Activities Director position consists of completing the application and providing a letter of reference from a university faculty member or a university supervisor.
- Please consider the session dates and your availability. These positions require work during evenings and weekends.
- All personnel will be hired on salary with social security and income taxes withheld.
- All staff are required to have a background screening and mandatory reporter training. Instructions for completing these items will be provided if a position is offered and accepted.
- Appointments are for a single summer session.
- Food and housing are provided for Resident Hall Staff at no charge.
- Please be aware that application information may be subject to FOIA requests and, therefore, may become public.
If you have any questions please contact the AGS Office.
Arkansas Governor's School:
Phone: (479) 356-2037