What You Will Learn
What Is a Agriculture Business Degree?
This degree program in agri-business integrates the discipline of agriculture, business, accounting, marketing, economics, and finance. Emphasis is placed on management toward the farm business and agri-business firms.
What are the career opportunities?
Career opportunities are excellent for Bachelor of Science graduates with Agriculture Business degrees. The combination of a solid foundation in agriculture business with preparation in economics, accounting, mathematics, computing, and communications, can open the door to many exciting and rewarding careers.
As an example, Agricultural Business graduates are employed as:
- Agricultural credit and loan officers.
- County Extension agents.
- Insurance agents and adjusters.
- Poultry production and marketing.
- Agricultural supplies sales and distribution.
- Farm and Agri-Business management
- U.S.D.A. personnel.
- Agri Field Representatives.
- VO-AG Instructors.
- Forestry business management.
- Graduate school programs.
- Business Ownership
What Courses Will I Take?
The Academic Advising Center has created maps that are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the current Undergraduate Catalog. On each Degree Map, the milestones listed to the right of each term are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
To see degree maps created by our department for advising, follow the link below.
What Resources Are Available To Me?
- 300-Acre Farm
- Beef Operations
- Swine Operations
- Horticulture Center
- Five Teaching Greenhouses
- Farm Classroom Facilites
- Farm Credit of Western Arkansas
- Arkansas Farm Bureau
- Arkansas Women in Agriculture
- American Farm Bureau Federation
- American Feed Industry Association
- Arkansas Cattlemens Association
- Farm Foundation
- American Society for Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers
- National Young Farmer Educational Association
Additional Resources Specifically For Tech Students:
- Agriculture Club
- Hull-Hughes Collegiate FFA
- Pre-Vet Club
- Sigma Alpha Professional Sorority
- Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity
Where Might I Find A Job After Graduating From This Program?
Career opportunities exist in agricultural business firms, banks, and other financial
agencies; marketing; food processing; extension; soil conservation; forestry; farm
and agri-business management; and sales and distribution firms. Find out more by visiting Career Services.
Where Can I Get More Information About The Agriculture Business Degree?
For more information about the Agriculture Business degree and requirements, see the program within the College of Engineering & Applied Sciences catalog.