College registration can be intimidating, but it does not have to be. The academic advisors at Arkansas Tech University are dedicated to helping students with the right information and courses.
Starting in May and ending in mid-August (December to mid-January for spring applicants), the Academic Advising Center coordinates a special registration for first-time entering freshmen. Freshmen who have a partial admission status will be invited by letter to make a registration appointment.
The appointment will last a minimum of three hours. A student may come by themselves or bring their family.
Learn more about what your day will look like below:
- Schedule and enroll in classes
- One-on-one academic advising
- Understanding degree plans and general education requirements
- Activate your Tech email address and OneTech Portal
- Set up your campus post office box
- Have your student ID made
- You must show a photo ID to have your photo taken
- Meet with Residence Life
- Finalize housing arrangements
- Meet with Financial Aid
- Scholarships, grants and loans
- Meet with Student Accounts
- Account balance and payment plan information
Please bring the following if you have not already submitted:
- Admissions Acceptance Letter
- Official high school transcript with final grades and graduation date posted
- Official college transcript(s) for classes taken concurrently in high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) and/or CLEP scores
- Photo ID (must show to have your student ID made)
You'll start your day in the Academic Advising Center in Rothwell Hall, Suite 107.
Rothwell Hall is the first building on the right entering campus from Hwy 7 (South Arkansas Avenue) just past Tucker Coliseum. There is ample visitor parking located on the south side of Rothwell or in the Tucker Coliseum parking lot.
AP, CLEP, and IB equivalency
Disability and Testing Services
Help Labs/Tutoring Center
Majors and Minors
Public Safety (University Police)
Schedule of Courses
Student Activities and Organizations (Campus Life)
Student Health and Wellness Center
Student Support Services