TECH Youth Spirit Clinic
February 14, 2015
Clinic Description and FAQ's
Youth Clinic: For ages 5-12. Age appropriate cheerleading and dance skills will be taught to all participants:
There will be breaks and games during the clinic as well. To ensure a quality camp experience, the participants will be broken into groups and those groups will rotate throughout the course of the clinic. All participants will be taught a routine to perform at halftime of the 1:00 pm Golden Suns basketball game on February 14, 2015 in Tucker Coliseum.
Camp Staff: The members of Tech Cheer team and Golden Girls dance team will be teaching the participants throughout the clinic. The cheer and the dance team members have a great deal of experience teaching correct skills and technique.
The Tech Cheer team is coached by Maggie Williams. Maggie is from Tyler, Texas.
Listed are some of her cheerleading experiences:
• Baylor University Co-Ed Cheer Team for 4 years - Captain 1 year
• Fit For Christ- Group Fitness Instructor for 1 year
• Competed as a school cheerleader for 3 years - Captain 1 year
• Competed as an All-Star cheerleader and dancer for 10 years
• Coached All-Star Cheer teams and instructed tumbling and stunting classes for 8 years
• Over 15 years of cheer, dance and personal training experience combined
The Golden Girls are coached by Ashlan Spencer. Ashlan is from Texarkana, Arkansas.
Listed are some of her dance experiences:
• Danced competitively with her studio for several years
• Performed at half-time for the Harlem Globetrotters
• Participated in the Dancers Against Cancer program
• Taught tap, jazz, ballet, and hip-hop for many years at various studios
• Taught for an after-school dance program at an elementary school
• Over 17 years of dance experience in all
What should the participants wear and bring? All participants should wear comfortable clothing. Please wear tennis shoes not sandals. T-shirts will be given out at the end of the clinic to wear for performance. If a participant has an Arkansas Tech uniform on, they are more than welcome to wear it. All participants should bring water.
Can parents stay and watch? Parents are welcome to stay and watch their child during the clinic. The staff asks that parents do not disrupt during teaching. Due to facilities (gym floor), chairs are not provided.
Do I have to pay admission to the basketball game if my child is performing with the clinic? The clinic participant and two parents/guardians will have free admission passes to the 1:00pm Golden Suns basketball game on February 14, 2015 in Tucker Coliseum.