As staff members within the Office of Residence Life, Residence Directors perform
the following duties:
- Serve as the primary professional staff member in a residence hall/apartment complex
with occupancy between 35 and 335 students.
- Supervise 3-10 Resident Assistants and up to 5 other student staff members.
- Provide guidance and support to all staff and student leaders regarding programming
efforts in hall and across campus.
- Serve as a University Conduct Officer, adjudicating Student Code of Conduct and Residence
Hall policy violations.
- Coordinate in-hall duty and desk schedules.Perform all necessary administrative functions
to ensure effective and efficient operation of the hall or community.
- Serve as the advisor to the Hall Government and any of its sub-committees.
- Coordinate weekly staff meetings and individual one-on-one staff meetings.
- Participate in a campus wide on-call system.
- Develop and implement training for continual student staff training and development.
- Serve on various department committees (ex: RD and RA training, RD and RA recruitment,
Professional Development, Appreciation and Recognition).
- Opportunity to represent the department and university at the regional and national
level by conference attendance and program presentation.
- Opportunity to work on an assigned special project (student organization advising,
administration, student development initiatives, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned