Late Registration for Distance Learners and Night Students
These registration procedures apply only to Distance Learners and Night Students.
Distance Learners are those enrolled in web-based classes only, or off-location classes that do not
meet on the Tech campus.
Night Students are those whose classes all meet after 5:00 PM, and who are unable to be on the Tech
campus during normal office hours.
Students unable to register during normal registration periods may participate in
late registration based on the semester's dates for late registration, but will be
charged a $25 late registration fee (click for schedule changes).
Registration Steps for Distance/Night Students:
- Log into OneTech and select the Student tab.
- Click Registration Status to check student registration eligibility and total earned hours. Confirm the correct
major is shown (if not, complete and submit a Change of Major form).
NOTE: Students with holds must contact the appropriate office and resolve the hold prior
- Verify addresses and phones numbers are correct by selecting Update Addresses and Phones.
- Students must consult with their advisor before registering in classes.
Who is your advisor? If an advisor has been assigned, the advisor will be listed under Academic Profile. If an advisor is not listed, contact the academic department of your major for
an advisor to be assigned.
- The student will submit their request for registration by either:
- faxing, or emailing an image or PDF file via their OneTech account, a completed and
signed Permit to Register to their advisor. The advisor will then sign and fax/email the PTR to the Registrar's Office for processing. Or,
- sending an email request, via their OneTech account, to their advisor containing:
a) the student's full name and T-number, b) their request, indicating the semester,
for registration, and c) the CRN, Subject, and Course and Section number(s) for each
course. The advisor will then complete a PTR, and fax/email it with the student's
email to the Registrar's Office for processing.
The completed PTR must be received by the Registrar's Office by 5:00 PM on the last
day to register/add classes.
NOTE: Course section numbers may indicate unusual course characteristics, such as meeting
at a location other than the Russellville campus, or a mixed technology class that
is web-based and occasionally meets on campus. Refer to Section Numbers Decoded for more information.
NOTE: Students enrolling in web-based courses can visit eTech for eLearning resources and important course-related information.
- Check the class schedule; it is the student's responsibility to verify the registration
has been completed accurately, so it is recommended that students print a copy of
their class schedule for their records. Students may view their schedule by selecting
Student Schedule, which is listed under Registration Tools. Refer to Building Abbreviations for helpful information and a link to the campus map.
- Pay charges and/or confirm financial settlement according to Fee Payment Policy.
Visit the Student Accounts website for information concerning cost, payment, and obtaining Tech IDs, and the Financial Aid website for more information on loans/grants/scholarships/etc.
- All students operating a vehicle on campus must purchase a Hang Tag. For information
on Hang Tags and parking areas visit Public Safety's website.
Official enrollment is contingent upon eligibility to enroll for future terms.
Important Information: Students who have enrolled in classes but decide not to attend
Tech must officially withdraw from classes. See Withdrawing for more information.