Code of Ethics
Procurement and Risk Management Services at Arkansas Tech University subscribes to the Code of Ethics developed by the National Association of Educational Buyers:
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of my institution
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute
and institutional policy allows.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of goodfaith,
devoid of intentional misrepresentations.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium ofa verbal
or written statement, an advertisement or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for
competitive purchasing practices.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement
of any controversy with a supplier; and/or be willing to submit any major controversies
to other third party review, insofar as the established policies of my institution
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call
on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industry and professional associations and with governmental
and private agencies for the purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with NAEB members and promote a spirit of unity and a keen interest in professional growth among them.