Services & Programs
- DON'T BE A VICTIM
– Teaches basic safety skills, how to be a good witness, how and when to call the
police, how to file a police report, and what to do in an emergency.
- SEXUAL ASSUALT/WOMEN'S SELF DEFENSE
– Teaches safety skills and basic self-defense to improve your chances of surviving
a physical encounter. Will be a two part class.
- Introduction is lecture (2 hours).
- Self – Defense is a 6 week course.
- THEFT PREVENTION
– Teaches basic theft prevention.
- RIDE WITH PUBLIC SAFETY
– Bicycle safety and riding course for those interested in biking on campus. Includes
bike theft prevention, safely riding on campus rules, and rules of the road.
- OPERATION ID
– Teaches how to identify your possessions to assist law enforcement in their recovery
if they are stolen. Also includes an ID to be placed on possessions with an engraver.
- EMERGENCEY PREPAIREDNESS
– Includes courses in the following:
- Active Shooter response for faculty, staff, and students.
- Natural Disaster – tornado, fire, flooding, and etc.
- Student or Faculty response to an irate person, suicidal subject, or violent encounters.
- TECH READY CAMPAIGN
- Will get information to the university on the above programs.
- Includes videos, PSA format, brochures, and several media platforms.
- VEHICLE BILBOARD CAMPAIGN
-Placing information on the rear windows of the Patrol vehicles to highlight DPS activities
- TECH SAFETY TRANSPORT
-Nighttime service for escorting student throughout campus using a golf cart and student