AdvisoryCommittee on Presidential Search
Leigh Whiteside of Russellville was selected by her fellow Arkansas Tech University Board of Trustees members to serve as chairperson for the Advisory Committee on Presidential Search. She is an Arkansas Tech alumna, retired educator and member of the Arkansas Tech Board of Trustees since 2008.
Whiteside will lead a committee representing students, faculty, staff, alumni and the community as they aid in the process to identify a successor for Dr. Robert C. Brown, who has served as Arkansas Tech president since July 1, 1993.
The following individuals will serve on the Advisory Committee on Presidential Search:
- Dr. John W. Watson, vice president for academic affairs
- David Moseley, senior vice president for administration and finance
- Dr. Mary Gunter, dean of the Graduate College and professor of educational leadership
- Dr. Eric Lovely, faculty senate chair and associate professor of biology
- Dr. V. Carole Smith, associate professor of middle level education
- Dr. Ernest Enchelmayer, associate professor of English
- Beth Gray, associate professor of emergency management
- Jim White, president of the Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Theresa Fontaine, registered nurse program director, Arkansas Tech-Ozark Campus
- Dan Lovelady, president of the Arkansas Tech Foundation Board of Directors
- Clay Wyllia, president of the Arkansas Tech Student Government Association
- Dr. Jack Hamm, distinguished professor and professor emeritus of mathematics
- Judy Taylor, community member
Trustees appointed Thomas Pennington to serve as advisor to the committee. Pennington is assistant professor of legal studies, associate vice president and counsel to the president at Arkansas Tech.
Susie Nicholson was appointed by trustees to serve as communications officer and liaison to candidates on behalf of the advisory committee on presidential search. Nicholson is vice president for student services and university relations at Arkansas Tech.