Federal Financial Aid
You’ve made the decision to go to school – now how are you going to pay for it? Go
to www.studentaid.ed.gov. Everything you ever wanted to know about federal financial aid is located at that
Before applying for financial aid, click on this link to give you an overview of what
you will need to get started. www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Want to know what your chances are of qualifying for federal financial aid? Click
on the FAFSA 4caster link at top right. Go to www.fafsa4caster.ed.gov/ . This website has a worksheet that will walk you through the application process.
- Ready to apply for federal financial aid? First of all, apply for a PIN (Personal
Identification Number). A PIN allows you to electronically sign your on-line application.
You and/or your parents may obtain a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov. Secondly, fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.) The FAFSA
is the Pell Grant Application. You may apply on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov or you may fill out the paper FAFSA and mail it in. Remember, you must apply for
the Pell Grant in order to be awarded loans, scholarships, etc.
- Please be aware of priority deadlines. Need aid for spring? Apply by October 15th.
Need aid for fall? Apply by April 15th.
- Have you made sure the financial aid office has received a copy of your Student Aid
Report (SAR)? Make sure you used the correct school code on your application. 001089
Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR
- Have you made sure the financial aid office has received all information requested?
Are you selected for verification? Have you submitted copies of tax returns and whatever
else the FAQ has requested. You will not be awarded your financial aid until all paperwork
- Have you received an award letter? Loans are offered on the award letter as well as
all other sources of financial aid you may qualify for. Speaking of loans, in order
to get a loan, you must do on-line loan entrance counseling atwww.mappingyourfuture.org. You will also need to sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) the lender will send you.
Your award letter must be completed and turned into the financial aid office prior
to the semester starting in order to receive your financial aid when your tuition
and fees are due. *You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader for most of the online forms.
To get Adobe Acrobat Reader click here.
- Tuition and fees are due and payable by the first day of classes. NOTE: A graduation fee of $25.00
is assessed in graduation semester