- Do not approach people who have been injured by electrocution or toxic exposure, unless they
are clearly away from the hazard.
- Do not move a seriously injured person, unless they are in an unsafe area. If the victim
must be moved, move as a unit, always supporting the head and neck.
- Do not bend or twist the injured person’s body.
- Call 911 and report the following information:
- Location of the emergency.
- What happened?
- Number of people injured.
- Is the injured person conscious?
- Is the injured person breathing?
- Is there severe bleeding?
- After calling 911, stay with the victim until help arrives.
- Restore or maintain breathing and heartbeat.
- Stop severe bleeding with direct pressure when possible.
- Keep victim warm.
- Follow the instructions of the 911 dispatcher.