About GO BOLD Adventure Camp
GO BOLD Adventure Camp provides incoming freshman with a unique experience leading to a sense of belonging, connection, and excitement about becoming a Tech student. This extended orientation program provides freshmen with the opportunity to start building friendships and transition to life as a college student, while strengthening their bond to Arkansas Tech University through the introduction of campus culture and traditions.
Activities will take place on the Arkansas Tech campus and Arrowhead Resort in Tahlequah, OK. All camp programs and activities are designed to be engaging, entertaining, energetic, and insightful.
What should I expect during camp?
Expect to have lots of fun!! You will have the chance to meet new people, float the Illinois River, and get comfortable on the Arkansas Tech campus. All student participants will be placed in small groups led by upper-class mentors who will guide you through the GO BOLD Adventure Camp experience.
When is GO BOLD Adventure Camp?
There is one session in August, prior to the start of the fall semester. Date: August 4-7
The GO BOLD Adventure Camp fee is $135 and covers meals, floating, and program materials. Please note that only 50 students will be able to attend and availability is based on a first-come, first-served basis. Register today to reserve your spot.
Remember, your registration fee is non-refundable.
Adventure Camp Scholarship Opportunity
The Office of Campus Life will provide 5 scholarships to allow students the opportunity to attend Adventure Camp.
- Applicant must be enrolled and registered for classes at Arkansas Tech University for Fall 2015
- Applicant must be registered for Adventure Camp (Pending status due to no payment is okay)
- Applicant must complete essay
- Essay: Why do you want to attend Adventure Camp? What do you think you will gain?
Demonstrate your financial need.
- Please keep your response to 500 words or less.
- Email your completed essay to Jenny Butler, Assistant Director of Campus Life at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Decisions will be made by the Office of Campus Life
- Decisions and scholarship recipients will be kept confidential
- All applicants will be notified by July 15 if they received the scholarship or not
The student will be able to cancel if they did not receive the scholarship and no longer wish to attend Adventure Camp.