International Education Week 2014
Contest Theme: "Home Away From Home".
The theme aims to capture the experiences, memories, and feelings shared by people as it relates to one's sense of "feeling at home". The pictures do not have to be "international" they can be of people/places/events anywhere.
Each submitted photograph must be accompanied by a brief caption/description relating the submitted photo to the stated theme of "Home away from home".
The contest is open to ALL current Tech students (American and International).
DEADLINE for Submission: Wednesday, November 19th
Contest Judging Winners:
1st Place: $100, 2nd Place: $75, 3rd Place: $50
Winners will be announced during the International Festival on November 21st
Submit Photos Online: http://www.photoscramble.com/contests/ar-tech-iew-photo-contest-2014/?chid=48078
Contest Contact:Lindsey Ingmire, email@example.com
*NOTE: Dates posted on the photoscramble.com website are not correct. Winners will be announcedduring the International Festival on November 21st
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The contest is open to ALL currently enrolled Arkansas Tech University students (American and International).
- Each submitted photograph must be accompanied by a brief caption/description relating the submitted photo to the stated theme of "Home Away From Home".
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the IMSSO, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined in the contest description. All entries must be submitted and received by November 19th, 2014. IMSSO reserves the right to examine the original photograph/source material in order to confirm compliance with these rules.
- By participating in the IEW photo contest, contestants agree to provide the IMSSO sole ownership and copyright of all materials submitted (digital/print photos and photo descriptions). The IMSSO assures contestants that submitted materials will be used in a respectful manner.
- Judge will choose 3 pictures to be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners according to the following judging criteria.
- Relation to theme of "Home Away From Home"
- Photographic quality
- Caption relating the picture to the theme
- In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the creativity criteria will be declared the winner for that place. Winners will be chosen on November 19, 2014, and announced on the International Festival and Talent Expo on Friday 21st.
- Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
- The winners will be announced during the International Festival & Talent Expo on Friday November 21, 2014. If winner is unable to attend the International Festival & Talent Expo, the prize can be collected following the event at the International & Multicultural Student Services Office, Tomlinson 029.
CONTEST JUDGING WINNERS
The winners will be awarded a gift card: 1st place $100, 2nd place $75, 3rd place $50.