Primary health care is offered on an outpatient basis. This includes the following:
- treatment for minor illness
- health education
- health promotion
- health maintenance
- health history and physical assessment
- first aid including bandages and crutches
- clinical laboratory procedures
- women's health services (second Tuesday and fourth Wednesday of every month from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Students are seen by appointment and are screened and assessed by a health care provider. Students may be treated by one of our advanced practice registered nurses including obtaining a prescription if appropriate, or referral to a local health care provider if the nature of the visit requires such.
All students are eligible for health services. A portion of the general student fee (tuition) is set aside for the health service. All services with other health care providers or agencies are at the student's own expense. The local hospital provides physician services on a 24-hour basis for emergencies.