|Department:||Curriculum and Instruction|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
|Deadline:||Deadline Extended 1/24/2014|
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction seeks a faculty member for a full time, 9 month, tenure track position. The faculty member will teach primarily Elementary classes. The closing date for accepting applications is January 24, 2014. Anticipated starting date is August 2014.
• Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Elementary/ Early Childhood Education (face-to-face and online) and supervise interns.
• Advise students
• Collaborate with faculty and public school partners in the development, review, assessment, and maintenance of the program.
• Assist in promoting program and recruiting students.
• Participate in committee assignments and professional development activities.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the department chair.
Requirements include: A minimum of an ABD is required with preference given to an
earned PhD in elementary education, early childhood education, or curriculum and instruction.
American public school teaching experience at the elementary/early childhood education
level required. University teaching experience preferred. Knowledge of elementary/early
childhood pedagogy, knowledge of ACEI standards, ability to work cooperatively and
collaboratively with faculty and community partners and commitment to collaborative
university and school partnerships preferred. Evidence of scholarly activity preferred.
Application: Send letter of application; curriculum vitae; transcripts; and name, address, email address and telephone numbers of five references to Dr. David Bell, College of Education, Arkansas Tech University, Crabaugh 203, Russellville, Arkansas 72801.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law. AA/EO