|Department:||Computer and Information Science|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
The Department of Computer and Information Science invites candidates for a tenure-track assistant professor position beginning August, 2014.
Required qualifications include:
• Master’s Degree in Information Technology or closely-related field
• Advanced knowledge in the practical application of information technologies
• Excellent communication and people skills
Preferred qualifications include:
• PhD in Information Technology or closely-related field
• Extensive industry/corporate experience in the IT field
• Experience in the development and support of information systems involving networks, security. system administration, data center operations, and mobile applications
• Certification(s) in networking, security, system administration, or other areas of IT
Responsibilities include teaching 12 hours per semester, advising students, and serving on committees. Please include the following information with your application: (1) resume/vita; (2) statement of teaching philosophy; (3) copies of all transcripts, and (4) letters from three professional references.
All materials should be submitted to Mr. Ron Robison, Search Committee Chair, Department of Computer and Information Science, 1811 North Boulder Avenue, Corley 201C, Russellville, AR 72801. Applications may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “IT faculty application” listed as the subject. Review of applications will begin on January 10, 2014. Please refer to www.atu.edu for more information about Arkansas Tech University and the Department of Computer and Information Science.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law. AA/EOE