|Department:||Curriculum and Instruction|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
Arkansas Tech University in Russellville, Arkansas invites applications for a full-time, tenure track position as an Assistant or Associate Professor in the Curriculum and Instruction Department within the College of Education. Anticipated starting date is fall 2013.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Elementary Education; advise students; participate in scholarly activity; and provide departmental, college, university, and professional service.
• Doctoral degree in Elementary Education or closely related field is required.
• A minimum of three years teaching experience at the K-6 level is required.
• Experience in teaching elementary education courses at the university level is preferred.
• Experience in developing and teaching online courses in elementary education is preferred.
• Expertise in special education or literacy and ability to teach courses in one of these areas is preferred.
• Knowledge of elementary pedagogy and AECI standards is preferred.
• Scholarly activity in research and publication is preferred.
• Active participation in professional organizations is preferred.
• Experience in supervising student interns and collaborating with area schools is preferred.
Salary range is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Send letter of application; curriculum vita; transcripts; and name, address, e-mail
address and telephone numbers of five references to Dr. David Bell, Curriculum and
Instruction Department, Arkansas Tech University, 1310 North El Paso, Russellville,
Arkansas 72801 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for accepting applications is January 14, 2013.
Arkansas Tech University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, religion, sex, nation origin, age, disability, or other legally protected classification. Arkansas Tech University encourages applications from women and men of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds and is an EO/AA employer.