Theater Arts Technical Supervisor
|Position:||Full-time; Starting salary $ 2,105.67/Monthly.|
|Department:||College of Arts and Humanities|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of theater art, costume, and set design.
- Knowledge of theater history, as related to design periods.
- Ability to create and execute ideas by means of special art techniques.
- Ability to visualize art and express sensitivity to style and period design.
- Skill in the use of colors, fabrics, plastics, wood, and other materials for production of sets, costumes, puppets, and stage props.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Discusses artistic needs and desired effects for theater production with director and/or producer and creates backgrounds, decorative pieces, and props for use on stage.
- Operates hand and power tools in construction of scenery and props, mixes paints, paints construction scenery and props, and receives approval of finished product from director and/or producer.
- Coordinates the use of theater facility by negotiating and contracting with director, planning necessary support services, preparing media advertisements, contacting promoters and representatives of civic and professional groups, supervising ticket sales, and arranging for needed maintenance of equipment, tools, and facility.
- Coordinates production schedules with rehearsal schedules to meet work and performance deadlines.
- Provides input to director and/or producer concerning solutions of production and technical problems
- Utilizes electronic and/or mechanical devices to produce desired effects, and utilizes plastics, foams, and related materials in construction of special effects, such as masks and puppet faces.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree with a major in art, theater arts or related field. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
The formal education equivalent of a master's degree with a major in art, theater arts, or related field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Theater Arts Technical Supervisor is responsible for theater art design and schedule coordination for theater productions at an institution of higher education. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.comApplication for Employment