Systems Analyst - Extended
|Position:||Full-time; Starting salary $ 3,429.92/Monthly.|
|Department:||Office of Information Systems|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
|Deadline:||Open until filled|
|Hire Date:||Open until filled|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of computer system hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer user requirements.
- Knowledge of system design procedures.
- Ability to develop computer programs.
- Ability to analyze and modify existing computer systems.
- Ability to lead analyst team in the design and maintenance of computer system processes.
- Ability to determine costs and resource requirements of projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs the design of computer system processes by scheduling priorities and assigning various tasks to subordinate analysts involved in system design.
- Meets with analyst team to appraise feasibility of processes recommended to address structured program standards, existing programs, and user needs.
- Coordinates the development and modification of computer job specifications for system users needed to implement new processes.
- Analyzes structure requirements, procedures used in systems development, time requirements, validity of results, and resource allocation for methods used.
- Evaluates written agreements and status reports concerning process development for users.
- Assures completion of deadlines concerning conversion tasks and methods for implementation of processes.
- Evaluates systems performance, outcomes, and revisions with analyst and users.
- Performs systems maintenance activities through error reports, user modifications requests, and systems problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree with a major in computer science, mathematics, or related field; plus four years of experience in computer programming or related area, including one year in systems analysis. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Working knowledge of Oracle database, related utilities and tools.
- Experience with higher education software products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Systems Analyst is responsible for coordinating the design and/or modification of computer system process activities. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: email@example.comApplication for Employment