Skilled Tradesman - Extended (Electrical position)
|Position:||Full-time; Starting salary $ 1,218.80/Semi-Monthly.|
|Location:||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, and safety precautions in one or more of the skilled trades.
- Knowledge of the accepted practices, processes, materials, and tools of the various skilled trades.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations relating to one or more of the skilled trades.
- Ability to provide mathematical and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates for one or more of the skilled trades.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, manuals, schematics, building plans, and/or work drawings.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain inventory on needed parts and tools for one or more of the skilled trades.
TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May install, maintain, repair and overhaul air conditioning systems, commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and combined heating, ventilation and cooling systems.
- May assemble, install, repair, and maintain pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing equipment used for water distribution and waste water disposal in residential, commercial and industrial buildings in compliance with code regulations.
- May assemble, install, test, troubleshoot, and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures.
- May performs general carpentry using hand and power tools to repair and build structures using necessary materials, such as; wood, sheetrock, roofing, painting, and glass instillation.
- May repair and maintain mechanical and automotive equipment, including but not limited to; engines, transmissions, fuel systems, hydraulics, braking systems, clutch repair, steering apparatus, and other maintenance as needed.
- May assist other skilled tradesman to complete projects that require multiple departments to work together.
- Maintains inventory on tools and parts specific to assigned trade.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of required education or training along with the required license or certification in the following skilled trades: Journeyman Electrician according to ACA 17-28-304, Journeyman Plumber according to ACA 17-38-301, and HVAC Mechanics according to ACA 17-33-301.
- Occupying the position of a carpenter or painter requires the formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus five years of experience in the chosen field.
- Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
- OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Four years of experience in electrical maintenance and formal training in electrical codes and practices.
- Must possess Arkansas State Electrical license.
- Basic computer skills needed.
- Able to obtain an Arkansas Low Pressure Boiler License.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Skilled Tradesman is responsible for the work activities in one or more of the following skilled trades; HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, and Mechanical. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of service.
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call the Office of Human Resources at (479)968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication for Employment