||Full-time; Starting salary $ 1,649.84/Monthly.
||Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, AR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the college and university registration process.
- Ability to explain and interpret registration policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain student academic records.
- Ability to compile information into report form.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for processing and maintaining academic records and student information
associated with registration activities in an institution of higher education.
- Assists students with enrollment and class scheduling.
- Receives and processes documentation, such as grade reports, academic transcripts,
honors list, probation and suspension lists, transfer work, and course changes.
- Enters demographic and academic data of students into history file on computer terminal.
- Assists with graduation activities by reviewing and verifying requests, ordering caps
and gowns, compiling rosters, and receiving and checking diplomas.
- Performs registration duties such as: enrolling students into classes, reviewing information
packets, completing cards for adds and drops, notifying instructors of changes, and
recording class schedules on master file.
- Provides assistance in the Registrar's Office to students, faculty, and the general
public, by handling transcript requests, answering questions about curriculum requirements,
and distributing appropriate documents and forms.
- Compiles information for statistical reports for various federal, state, and local
- Performs general office duties, such as ordering supplies, composing and typing correspondence,
answering phone, and making appointments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus two years of experience
in general office work, including one year in records management, student registration,
or related area. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes
require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
- OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF
THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON
APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Experience in a registrar's office or like environment.
- Experience in customer service, data entry, and telephone communication skills.
- Experience in paperless or paper records management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Registrar's Assistant is responsible for processing and maintaining academic records
and student information associated with registration activities in an institution
of higher education. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal
conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant
in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check
information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with
state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It
is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call
the Office of Human Resources at (479) 968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume
in addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Employment