Public Safety Officer
||Full-time; Starting salary $ 1,279.71/Semi-Monthly.
||Office of Student Services
||Arkansas Tech University, Ozark, AR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of traffic laws, rules and regulations, for security.
- Knowledge of general law enforcement methods and techniques.
- Ability to direct traffic and to maintain order.
- Ability to prepare reports of incidents and accidents.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles used in patrol duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Patrols assigned areas to detect and prevent crimes, enforce traffic laws, recognize
parking violations, issue traffic citations, and identify safety hazards and violators.
- Performs security checks of campus buildings.
- Conducts investigations of crimes, accidents, and reports incidents committed on campus.
- Directs traffic during periods of high density to facilitate smooth flow.
- Arrests violators, writes incident reports, and testifies in court, as required.
- Responds to alarms, calls for assistance, checks for locked or unlocked buildings
and offices, as necessary, and assists stranded motorists and others in need of assistance.
- Monitors security and fire panel for security and fire detection, assists with checking
the alarm systems and emergency power supply, and inspects and maintains fire extinguishers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma. Must possess valid Arkansas
driver's license. Must be certified by the Arkansas Law Enforcement Certification
Training in accordance with ACA 12-9-106, or an approved law enforcement training
- Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review
and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
- OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF
THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON
APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with Emergency Management Planning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Public Safety Officer is responsible for the enforcement of traffic and criminal
laws and parking regulations. This position is governed by law enforcement standards,
state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal
conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant
in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check
information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with
state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It
is the policy of this university not to discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of
If you have questions about this position or your application submission, please call
the Office of Human Resources at 479-968-0396. If you desire to submit a resume in
addition to your application for this position, please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Employment